Monday, July 24, 2017

God is Speaking

Lately a lot of things in my life have been pointing to God and His plan for me. And I'm really excited about it.

I got a new job at a medical clinic (not my usual realm of science, but it helps pay the bills) as a drug screening lab technician. It pays well, but it's only once a week. I'm incredibly thankful that this job came my way. We could use the extra money and so far the people are really nice! It's actually a job where I feel included and a huge part of the process. I'm the only one trained on the sequencing instrument I'm using, so that's a lot of pressure; but I think once I get the hang of things, it will be perfect. God knew I had been asking and asking (and asking and asking) for a job. Not just THE job. But A job. He answered my prayer. He knows exactly what I need.

During the process of this transition, which included training and so on, I had to buy the uniform I would wear for this position at the clinic. I had to go buy scrubs. My first set of scrubs ever!

I went to the store close to our apartment and walked in, completely confused and bewildered at how many different kinds of scrubs there are (and how much they cost), and the lady who worked there came up to me. She could tell I definitely needed some direction. "Can I help you with something?" she asked. I was trying to look like I knew what I was doing. "Uhm, yes. I need...I need to buy some scrubs," I said. I immediately internally facepalmed. Seriously, Claire? Of course you need to buy some scrubs. You're in a store that only sells scrubs! Ugh. I'm so awkward.

She then went on to ask me what my price point was, and I tried to casually say whatever the cheapest was. Another awkward moment. (I'm the queen of awkwardness, thank you.) She told me I was in the most expensive part of the store! Oops.

Anyways, I got a pair of pants and a couple shirts to alternate every other week and left very happy. Scrubs are so comfortable! It's like wearing pajamas to work. Now that's something I can get behind.

I tried them on later that night and showed them to my husband. He then looked at the tags and kind of freaked out. He never does that so I asked him what was wrong. "These scrubs were made in Kenya." 😱  Wait...whoa. The job I had been praying for had finally come (answer to prayer) only after I accepted God's call to go to Kenya this fall (heard through prayer) and then I go to buy scrubs and they're made in Kenya! This is so crazy. It's like the past 3 months have all been woven together in this one random incident and it sort of makes sense now. God's speaking to me through all of this, and you better believe that I'm listening.

Updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment