Oops I said overwhelming twice. I'm just gonna keep it there, it deserves to be said twice.
Anyways my job has been a little bit of this and a little bit of that. But mainly I've been working on some data loggers for my blue crab project starting next week. Calibrating them, figuring out how it all works, banging the computer a few times in frustration because I don't do computers. You know, the usual stuff that goes along with learning a new technology.
Field work starts next week so we are trying to prepare as much as possible this week with the loggers and data sheets and boat equipment. We don't have the largest boat at the lab so we will be a little crammed on there. So the more prepared we are ahead of time, the better.
We deployed a flounder trap off the dock at the lab just for some practice with data loggers attached. While bringing up the trap this afternoon to put one of the loggers on it, we found a couple blue crabs in it!
They're sort of hard to see but they are in the top of the picture. The bait is in the middle of the trap. Sadly they escaped the trap before we could take them out and use them as test subjects. Scientific summertime sadness. But I have a feeling that there will be a lot more where those two came from.