Monday, June 9, 2014

Who Doesn't Love Squirt Guns?

This morning was our first lab practical! I think I survived. It wasn't too bad. And there was extra credit. Who doesn't like a little bit of that? So I'm not too worried about it. Hopefully we will get our grades sometime this week.

During the lab practical we had multiple stations with specimens at each station. There were questions relating to the specimens and stuff. We were given squirt guns (yes, squirt guns) as we went around to each station. This was mainly to keep the specimens moist while they were out in the open. (They were all preserved specimens, meaning they were dead, just in case anyone was thinking that...) Of course things got a little crazy at some points and shots were fired. I got shot a couple times. I may have fired some shots as well...

Anyways, it was probably the most fun lab practical I have ever taken. Forget that, it was the most fun exam I've ever taken period. By far. Who doesn't love squirt guns? I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

This afternoon we started a new part of lab. Labs from now on will be all about dissection. Each group gets one shark. So I'm sharing a shark with 2 other girls at my table. We specifically wanted a boy shark because we wanted to name him Sebastian. He is a sophisticated and fancy shark with a sophisticated and fancy name to accompany him. He is dead but he is alive in our hearts. I can't wait to get to know him more! (That means cut him open.) Stay tuned for some exquisite photography of Sebastian. We will all get to know him extremely well by the end of next week, I'm sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment