Sunday, May 18, 2014

His Love is Like an Ocean

I can't help but be reminded of God's love when I see the ocean. Is that weird? Maybe it's just me. But really, think about it. The ocean is as close of a worldly example of His love that we can get. I don't know about you, but I can't say that I always feel God's love. Like fully, 24/7. I feel His love more intensely when I am actively seeking Him and running after Him. I only feel the ocean's full beauty and atmosphere when I flock to it. When I see it in person, that is, with my toes in the sand and the breeze in my hair.

I only see the surface, the top layer. I don't realize the full extent of how deep and how wide and how expansive this ocean is. I have absolutely no idea what is below the surface. It's mysterious and inviting. It perks my curiosity. I want to get closer. The Lord's love is so deep and mysterious that I can't even fathom it all. I probably will never be able to.

The ocean is powerful. Its waves crash. Its currents can carry things far away. Its storms are frightening and deadly. It overwhelms me. It compels me to look closer. How powerful is His love...how powerful is God himself? His love is extreme.

I could probably go one for a while about how they correlate so well, but I don't want to bore you too much. I just thought about that the other day. God may have given us the ocean as a reminder of how expansive and mysterious and powerful and unfathomable and beautiful and vital His love is for us. Just something to think about.


No comments:

Post a Comment