Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Never Alone

It's so refreshing to be here. Like it's a breath of fresh air. Like I can relax and know that everything is going to be okay. I don't know how else to describe it. Yes, this schedule is stressful and chaotic, but at the same time it feels like I'm free. 

All of these students here (most of them) are just like me. Not exactly like me in every sense, but a lot like me in certain ways. There are students here from all over the country. Arkansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Kansas. They have that desire to study marine biology just like me. They've had this long-lived passion for the ocean. Despite where they are geographically they are inspired and focused. I didn't know I wasn't the only one for a while. 

I'm not the only one who has dreamed about this their whole childhood and didn't let their geography determine their passions. I'm not the only one who has decided to go for it and take classes here. I'm not the only one who wants this so badly it hurts. I thought I was alone for so long. Thank you, God, that I'm not alone. I knew I wasn't the only one. 

Funny...I was never alone. I am never alone. I am comforted.

"For it is God who is working in you, enabling you both to will and to act for His good purpose." Philippians 2:13

No comments:

Post a Comment