Friday, May 16, 2014

Is Camping Supposed to be Fun?

Umm...okay. I'm gonna try to say this politely. Bear with me for a second here.

We have class from 8-11 AM, 1-4 PM, and 6-9 PM every day. Every day. And we also just got back from a camping trip that was over 24 hours. I'm sorry, but is it alright to say that I am sick and tired of these people now?? I see my classmates all the time; I slept in tents with them for goodness sakes. I ride in vans with them for hours on end. I eat lunch with them. I take notes in class with them. I take 2-3 hour hikes with them looking for herps. I am so tired and annoyed with these people at this point. I'm not ashamed to say that.

Camping was more like a nightmare to tell you the truth. We went trapping, which was cool. We actually caught a lot of stuff. We caught like 8 turtles and a huge salamander in one funnel trap. That was alright. But the hiking...and the campfire stuff...and the car rides...let's just say I wasn't the happiest camper. By the end of the night I was just saying what I thought, no filter. No filter whatsoever. These people probably think that I am the most horrible human being ever because of what I said. If they said something stupid, I let them know. I said exactly what I was thinking. I guess we're more of a family now than we were before. And by family I mean we don't care about calling someone out and telling them how much of an idiot they are. It's really fun.


Our nightmare herp hike that lasted until 11 at night in the cold. We. Were. Over it.

I can't wait for the weekend. I'm planning on studying and going to the beach. And sleeping, that too. I want to save up my energy for the crazy ride ahead of me next week.

Oh, and we have another camping trip next week. Pray for me. Hopefully there won't be any fatalities, but I'm a loose cannon.


No comments:

Post a Comment