Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Countdown Begins

Guys. I leave in 10 days. 10 days!! How has this crept up on me so quickly?! I mean, it was January just yesterday. This semester has just flown by. 10 days...wow.

I have a lot to do. I haven't even started packing! That's no good. This isn't just another little trip to the beach. No, this is only the journey of a lifetime. The culmination of my dreams. The physical reality of my desires. But, yeah, I guess you could say a trip to the beach, too. 

My first class will be Coastal Herpetology. My latest email tells me that we will be taking 2 mini-trips to state parks to explore and do some night sampling of reptilian species in the area. How awesome does that sound?! I am a tad nervous, however. Handling reptiles means no bug spray. No bug spray in the hot Mississippi summer holds in store for me some terrible consequences that I don't even want to imagine right now. I make such a sacrifice for science.

It's starting to settle in now. The nerves. The butterflies. The jitters. Whatever you want to call it. It's good, but nerve-wracking. I'm gonna miss Cookeville a lot. And I'll miss all the people in it. And of course I'll miss my family, too. I'm trying not to be sad about leaving. It's only 6 weeks anyway. This is a positive situation. There's no room for pessimism. 

Now, let's start packing...

No comments:

Post a Comment